Spiced Paloma Cocktail
Easy, delicious cocktails are a summer staple and this recipe is a must-try! You can make a pitcher ahead of time and bring it along to your next family gathering. This Spiced Paloma Cocktail recipe is bright, refreshing and perfect for keeping cool during those sweltering days under the sun. Check out the full recipe below.
A Paloma is a classic cocktail typically made with grapefruit, tequila and a salted rim. We’ve put our own spin on this paloma cocktail recipe by adding some jalapeno simple syrup and Thrive Remedies Recovery tea to give it an extra kick and added health benefits. Recovery is a blend of rooibos tea, turmeric, ginger, lemon and nettle leaf. It has an earthy flavour with a bit of bite from the ginger making it the perfect cocktail mixer. The herbs in our recovery blend are well known for their antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and immunity properties.
Spiced Paloma Cocktail Recipe
For the Jalapeno Simple Syrup
- 1 jalapeno, seeds removed
- ½ cup cane sugar or 1/4 monk fruit sweetener for sugar-free version
- 1 cup water
- Add the jalapeno, sugar and water to a small saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 10 min.
- Remove from heat, strain then place in the fridge to cool down.
For the Paloma Cocktail
- 1 oz Tequila
- ½ oz jalapeno simple syrup
- 3 oz Thrive Remedies Recovery
- ½ Grapefruit juiced
- ½ Lime juiced
- Rim with salt, turmeric and sugar
- Rim a rocks glass with turmeric, salt and sugar.
- Add ice, tequila, jalapeno, 3 oz Thrive Remedies Recovery, lime juice and grapefruit juice to a cocktail shaker.
- Shake for a few seconds then transfer to a rock’s glass.
- Garnish with lime and some sliced jalapeno.
You May Also Like…
We don’t know about you, but lemon loaf is one of our go-to baked treats. If you love lemon loaf as much as we do,...
Turmeric is one of the fastest-growing herbs on the market. You can now find it in a variety of food and beverage...
The weekday mornings can get pretty hectic between packing lunches, getting the kids ready for school, getting...