The weekday mornings can get pretty hectic between packing lunches, getting the kids ready for school, getting yourself prepared for the workday and trying to squeeze in a few chores before leaving the house. Or maybe you’re just the type of person who hits the snooze button a few too many times, and it always feels like you’re running late. Whatever it is, there never seems to be enough time on the weekday mornings for breakfast.
There is a simple solution, Overnight Oats! They are packed full of protein and nutrients to keep you feeling full until lunchtime, and the best part is you make them ahead of time. This recipe takes five minutes to prepare and is super versatile. You can try various flavour combinations out, like adding some cocoa for a more decadent version or swapping out the peanut butter with a protein powder for a nut-free version.
We’ve made ours with Thrive Remedies Defense adaptogenic tea, but any flavour will work. We chose Defense because it has a slightly fruity flavour similar to earl grey tea, which perfectly compliments the peanut butter and coconut yogurt in this recipe. See the full recipe below!
- 1/2 Cup Thrive Remedies Defense
- 1 Tbsp Chia Seeds
- 2 Tbsp Peanut Butter
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Yogurt or Other Non-dairy Yogurt
- 1/2 Cup Rolled Oats
- Toppings of Your Choice
- Pour ½ cup of Thrive Remedies Defense into a mason jar.
- Add in chia seeds, peanut butter and coconut yogurt.
- Stir then add in your oats and stir again patting down the top so that all of the oats are submerged in the liquid.
- Seal with a lid and place in the fridge overnight.
- Top oats with your choice of toppings like strawberries, bananas, extra chia seeds and peanut butter. Enjoy!
You can store overnight oats in the fridge for up to three days but they are best when consumed within 24 hours. They will be ready to eat after about 6 hours.
You May Also Like…
We don’t know about you, but lemon loaf is one of our go-to baked treats. If you love lemon loaf as much as we do,...
Stress, anxiety, disrupted sleep, and mood significantly impact your overall health and well-being. They can creep in...
Easy, delicious cocktails are a summer staple and this recipe is a must-try! You can make a pitcher ahead of time and...