Calming Vegan Pancakes
When it comes to the weekends, pancakes are a breakfast food staple. Perfect for switching things up from the boring weekday breakfasts of toast or oatmeal. They are hearty, nutritious and easy to make with a few household ingredients. Pancake making takes on an art form. You can get creative and dress them up however you like, with fresh fruit, maple syrup, nut butter or whipped coconut cream. Then when it comes to the batter, you can try different variations of dairy-free milk, gluten-free flours and egg substitutes like bananas, flax or chia seeds. We’ve made these Vegan Pancakes with Thrive Remedies Calm adaptogenic tea for a unique, delicious flavour and added health benefits.
Calming Vegan Pancakes
- 1 ½ Cups flour of your choice
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- Pinch salt
- 1 ½ Cup Thrive Remedies Calm + an extra 2 1/2 tbsp for the chia egg
- ¼ Cup oat milk
- 1 Tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds
- ¼ Cup avocado oil
- ½ Cup blueberries
- In a small glass combine the 2.5 tbsp Thrive with 1 tbsp chia seeds and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Mix flour, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl.
- In a separate bowl combine the thrive, oat milk, vanilla, avocado oil and the chia egg and whisk.
- Add your liquids to the dry ingredients and mix with a fork until there are no more lumps, be careful not to overmix or the pancakes will be chewy.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and grease with coconut oil. Splash water on the pan and if it sizzles it’s hot enough.
- Use a soup ladle or a ¼ measuring cup to scoop the pancake batter onto the skillet into about 4 – 5 inch rounds.
- When the edges start to dry and bubbles form in the batter, your pancake is ready to flip. This takes about 2-3 min.
- Once it’s flipped, give the other side 1-2 min until the pancake is golden brown.
- Serve with desired toppings like nut butter, maple syrup or fresh fruit.
You May Also Like…
We don’t know about you, but lemon loaf is one of our go-to baked treats. If you love lemon loaf as much as we do,...
Easy, delicious cocktails are a summer staple and this recipe is a must-try! You can make a pitcher ahead of time and...
The weekday mornings can get pretty hectic between packing lunches, getting the kids ready for school, getting...