Sweetheart Strawberry Iced Tea
Simply put, Valentine’s day is all about the love! One more day to shower ourselves or someone else in love! Whether it’s a big gift or gesture, or a simple “I love you”, when it comes to showing love, one can never give or receive too much. No matter how you view V-day, our Sweetheart Strawberry Iced Tea is a lovely addition! It’s delicious, beautiful, an easy recipe to follow, and will have you falling in love at first sip!
Our simple strawberry syrup is made with monk fruit sweetener which is suitable for keto and diabetic diets, or if you’re just looking for a lower sugar option. We also suggest using organic strawberries, as strawberries are one of the “dirty dozen”. Any flavour of Thrive Remedies Tea can be used for this recipe, but we recommend Detox, Recovery or Defense for the best flavour pairings. This mocktail is loaded with health benefits detailed below!
Sweetheart Strawberry Iced Tea Recipe
- 1 tbsp granulated monk fruit sweetener (sugar-free option)
- 2 cups frozen strawberries
- ½ cup water
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
*Note:The monk fruit can be substituted for 3 tbsp of maple syrup, cane sugar, honey or agave syrup
- In a medium saucepan combine the monk fruit sweetener or maple syrup, lemon juice, frozen strawberries and water
- Bring to a simmer on medium heat until it comes to a boil, then reduce to low heat and let simmer for 10 min
- Muddle strawberries
- Let cool then transfer to an airtight container
- Store the puree for up to 5 days in the fridge
Optional:You can strain the puree with a cheesecloth or fine metal strainer if you would like a simple syrup for the recipe instead, and save the strained strawberry leftovers for yoghurt or pancake topping.
For the Strawberry Tea
- 1 bottle of Thrive Remedies Detox
- 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp of the strawberry puree
- 6-8 fresh strawberries cut into slices
- Layer the ice and strawberries into 2 tall glasses
- Pour in an ounce of the strawberry puree to each glass
- Divide the bottle of Thrive between the two glasses
- Garnish with a lemon wedge and serve with a reusable straw
1 lemon cut into wedges for garnish, 1 oz of vodka to make this a cocktail
Health Benefits of Strawberries
- Full of Essential Nutrients
- Regulates Blood Sugar
- Rich in Antioxidants
- Supports heart health
- Good for gut health
- Helps with digestion
- Lower blood pressure
- May help prevent type 2 diabetes
- Possible Anti-cancer source
Strawberries are sweet, delicious and full of essential nutrients. They are great after a workout or a hot day in the sun because they are super hydrating, being 91% water. Strawberries are an excellent source of vitamin C, which is a powerful antioxidant and helps to keep our immune system healthy. Good for your gut, strawberries contain dietary fibre which feeds the “good” bacteria in our GI tract. Good gut health contributes to so many health aspects such as digestion, mood, heart health and more.
Strawberries are suitable for diabetic diets because they have a low glycemic index (low in carbs), unlike most fruits that have a high carb content. A glycemic index is how foods are rated based on how they affect our blood sugar levels. Strawberries can also help regulate blood sugar levels, which helps prevent obesity and type 2 diabetes.
Health Benefits of Monkfruit Sweetener
- Natural sweetener
- Antioxidant properties
- Suitable for diabetes
- Aid in weight loss
- Helps fight infections
*** Disclaimer: The content on this website (Thrive Remedies) is for informational and educational purposes only and should not be taken as medical advice. It is not intended or suitable in place of advice from your health care practitioner or licensed physician. The information and products on this website should not be used for diagnosing, treating, curing or preventing a health problem, you should always consult a health care provider or licensed physician for advice. ***
- Anti-inflammatory Effects of Monk Fruit Sweetener
- Antibacterial Effects of Monk Fruit Sweetener
- Antioxidants from Natural Sweetness
- Antioxidant effects of Monk Fruit on Oxidative Stress
- Functional Foods and Antioxidants
- Glycemic Index
- Berries and Blood Sugar
- Health Benefits of Strawberries
You May Also Like…
We don’t know about you, but lemon loaf is one of our go-to baked treats. If you love lemon loaf as much as we do,...
Stress, anxiety, disrupted sleep, and mood significantly impact your overall health and well-being. They can creep in...
Easy, delicious cocktails are a summer staple and this recipe is a must-try! You can make a pitcher ahead of time and...